Please stand with us in ENGAGING more YOUTH!
A graduate of our Food For Thought and Green Career Pathway programs talked about his fulltime employment at the company where he completed his internship. And, in 2019 he will move to France to work work abroad. He attributes much of his success to his experience in our youth programs. Meanwhile, his mother was beaming with pride all evening. In addition, two ladies shared about their summer experience in Trellis For Tomorrow’s pilot year of Youth Seed Enterprise. They appreciated the knowledge they gained about entrepreneurship, gardening and food justice—but more importantly they valued the sense of community that was fostered by their participation in a shared initiative to bring food security to their community. The two ladies explained that after the summer, there was a period of time they felt a void and deeply missed the close bonds they had formed with others in the group. These examples are what fuel our work—and your support enables youth to have more opportunities like this.
Every day, Trellis Tomorrow works to engage young people by creating transformative, real-world opportunities through teaching critical life skills, promoting personal growth and connecting youth to mentors, their communities and meaningful employment. Please join us in engaging youth. By giving just $10, you can help us engage youth and meet our #GivingTuesday goal of $5,000 goal on November 27th. If we meet this goal, contributions will be matched by the generosity of an additional $5,000 gift to Trellis.
With your help, Trellis For Tomorrow’s youth programs have accomplished the following:
– In 2018, 14 Youth Seed Enterprise teens developed a youth-led, pay-as-you-will Community Supported Agriculture program in Pottstown, PA that served 21 households and 78 individuals by delivering weekly farm shares to local neighbors and promoting food justice throughout the community
– Since 2008, Food For Thought has served over 300 teens and awarded over $50,000 worth of educational grants to teens, many of which are considered socio-economically challenged
– Since inception, Green Career Pathways has placed 124 teens in internships and/or assisted them with entrepreneurial projects
– 72% of the children in our Side By Side remain in the program for 2 or more years and the teen mentors they are paired with volunteer approximately 750 mentorship hours annually
– An external evaluator concluded that Food For Thought and Youth Seed Enterprise are doing an exceptional job helping youth develop social emotional learning (SEL) skills, in comparison to our peers
– On November 2nd, over 150 teens gathered for an interactive, fun-filled day of networking and learning at our 7thAnnual Tempus Young Entrepreneurs Conference
Your #GivingTuesday gift will put us on course to reaching our #GivingTuesday goal on November 27th! Please stand with us in ENGAGING more YOUTH by making a donation on #GivingTuesday!