Summer 2020 Programming: COVID-19 Update
Starting July 2020, Trellis for Tomorrow will be holding a hybrid version of our Youth Seed Enterprise programming for youths ages 13-18 years old. In order to protect the safety of our students and staff, we will be taking the following precautions in line with Governor Wolf’s guidance for Youth Summer Programs and the CDC Guidelines to stay in the “Lowest Risk” category for summer youth programs.
- Staff will conduct a health screen of participants every morning upon arrival
- If staff or camper is sick or has been exposed to someone who is sick, they will be asked to stay home
- Staff and participants will be required to wear PPE (masks and gloves) for the duration of in-person activities
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and used by anyone before handling produce
- Sanitizing wipes will be provided and used to clean all tools before and after their use
- Tools will be color coded and participants will keep the same tool throughout the day
- Students will stay in the same groups throughout the summer, and all large group activities will be held virtually
- Staff will monitor social distancing, including a maximum of one participant working in a garden bed at a time
To ensure we are keeping within safety guidelines while also providing enriching and engaging programming for our students, our virtual programming will be held in the afternoons and will include inspiring guest speakers, discussion-based learning, independent project work, and virtual fieldtrips. Online learning will work in tandem with the student’s time working in the gardens to create an engaging and rewarding experience. To learn more about the Youth Seed Enterprise Program, click here.